Tornado is a UCI chess engine without an own graphical user interface.
That is only run in console mode, that needs to play a chess GUI like
Arena, Fritz, Shredder, ChessMaster, and other GUI who using
the Uci protocol to send and get commands from the engines.
This software is freeware, there is no warranty of any kind.
You can give a copy for your friends without any changes on the files,
any changes or using for comercial sell need a permission from me.
- magic bitboard based
- UCI-protocol only
- Draw with 3 fold repetition, 50 moves rule, insufficient material , theoritical absolute draw positions
- Hash tables for searching , pawn hash structures
- Setup positions in FEN format
- Time management for x time in y moves , x time for hole game and with incremental clock
- Searching with Iteration depth with aspitration window, root search , PV , null window search, quiesce search
- Dynamic Null move pruning , and verification search
- Internal iterative deepening
- Extensions with checking move , single reply, exchange to passed pawn, pawn push to rank 7 singular extensions.
- Razoring, history moves pruning, futulity pruning.
- Move ordering with hash move, killer moves, history depth, captures with SEE and MVV/LVA
- Minimax quiesce search with futility pruning
- Permanent brain
- Chess960 / fisherrandom chess
- Multithreading search with 1 - 64 cores.
- Playing Level with limited strength from 1-20
- Multi pv mode
- Using nalimov tablebases in endgames
- Own book
- Make and add own book from PGN games
- windows 32 bit and 64 bit compiled.